Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sticks and fucking stones!!!


Timing, they say, is everything.
On Friday afternoon, I took a brief break from work to walk around the block – something I do to break the excruciating monotony and boredom in lieu of smokin

As I walked, I came up behind two black girls in their late teens/early twenties, moseying down the street. Naturally, I eavesdropped. They were going on and on, each outdoing the other with how they told so and so off for not respecting them. Each story was replete with new levels of threats and hostility because someone hadn’t shown them the respect they were certain they were due. Their English was street (Ebonics IS still considered a racist term isn’t it?)
I began to tense up a bit as I thought about interrupting their conversation to offer them some enlightenment about the English language.
Respect, I wanted to offer them, is something that is earned. It is not something that you are due simply by existing. Cockroaches after all, have existed far longer than humans have.
It is especially NOT something that is due simply because you can out-inconvenience productive citizens and cost society more than someone else does. The stunned looks that I imagined would cross their respective faces at such startling news made me smile. Having suffered several weeks of futility at work made me think better of suffering it there as well, so I just walked around them and returned to the office.
After work, and several drinks to lubricate my Friday night, I went home, and read a headline on-line:
“Court rules that flipping someone off, ISNT grounds for being murdered!”

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/07/10/BACA18MI8S.DTL&tsp=1


GEEEEE -----YA FUCKIN THINK????!!!!!!

As the dregs of society continue to lower the bar on civilization, I find myself increasingly willing to join the ranks of the ‘intolerant’. Would it really be so bad to finally acknowledge that some animals simply don’t want to be part of society? That they have no interest in upholding their end of the social contract? And that removing them from society really is best for everyone – themselves included? Aren’t there plenty of islands and open deserts that these animals would prefer roaming – free of a society asking a modicum of human decency from them?
Who knows, maybe in 300-400 years, they might even learn to put a shrimp on the barbie and come to learn about hospitality?

3 comments:

  1. Gone conservative on us W.Although I do agree with youy it probably was best that you let them think they were respectewd by you.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you. - jeanniepants

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they should be shipped off as cannon fodder in this war on terrorism...if they survive three years in Afganistan, they might actually be worth letting back into our society.
    Drink more mead!!!

    ReplyDelete