Monday, May 4, 2009

Thoughts under the inluence of ecstasy

Ravel’s Bolero –
As if it wasn’t a fine enough piece of music on its own, Bo Derek catapulted it into the halls of imortality by turning Dudley Moore on to a ‘great fuck’ piece.

Poor Bo. Disadvantaged not only by the sands of time, but the sans of brains, had no way of knowing that Madonna’s ‘La Isla Bonita’, a fictional island of lust and paradise would reign supreme as the rhythm of the sheets. A song I’ve been known to interruptus coitus to reset the needle – yes that was pre-mp3..
Among the other works that incite passion – whether carnal or cerebral – are:
One Night in Bankok – “I get my kicks above the waistline sunshine”
The Pretender – so many options here, but among the best “and when the morning sun comes streaming in, I’ll get up and do it again…”
Rock me on the Water – “oh people, look around you, the signs are all around you. You’ve left it for somebody other than you to be the one who cares…”
Before the Deluge – “Some of them knew pleasure, and some of them knew pain, and for some of them it was only the moment that mattered..and on the brave and crazy wings of youth they went flying around in the rain…and their feathers once so fine grew torn and tattered. In the end they traded their wings, for the resignation that living brings..”
Puff the Magic Dragon – really…do I need to quote this one????
I’m not ready to make nice – (dixie chicks) “It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they’d write me a letter
Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over”… wow.. the last 8 years.. wow….

2 comments:

  1. I don't really know what to say here, except we both used the word "sans" in our posts today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well Trav...evidently it's too late for me to remove this particular post - someone's already seen it.
    friends really shouldnt let friends blog drunk.

    and as for sans - pretty good insertion there eh?

    HAH! That's what SHE said!

    ReplyDelete